2018 Educational Objectives
Conference educational objectives are to recognize, discuss and debate the following:
- Review new research and understanding in the area of insect allergy.
- Review testing methods to accurately diagnose food allergy.
- Clinical presentations and symptoms that call for food allergy testing.
- Current guidelines for managing and treating food allergy.
- Diagnosing drug allergy, and using systems-based approaches to manage adverse drug reactions.
- Review tools and biomarkers of drug allergy.
Asthma / Respiratory
- Understand the importance of viral pathogens to childhood asthma.
- Identify the origins of asthma as a tool for diagnosis and potential environmental mitigation.
- Describe the purpose of the School Based Asthma Management Program (SAMPRO) released in 2016.
- Identify the four fundamental components of the School Based Asthma Management Program (SAMPRO).
- Learn online SAMPRO toolkit access and available resources.
- Identify key immunologic pathways driving asthma development and pathogenesis.
- Understand current biologic therapies for asthma; and determine when and how to consider them in clinical use.
- Describe the integrated roles of lifestyle, nutrition, exercise, sleep and stress management in caring for asthma and allergy patients.
- Understand phenotypes and endotypes of asthma and the role of biomarkers for stratifying patients with asthma.
- Review current understanding of key immunologic pathways driving asthma development and pathogenesis.
- Understand the new classifications for mast cell disorders.
- Understand tools and algorithms for the diagnosis of mast cell disorders.
- Provide treatment options for clonal and non-clonal mast cell disorders.
- Improve ability to recognize, evaluate and diagnose rheumatologic disease which present with symptoms of clinical findings commonly associated with allergy/immunology.
- Discuss the manifestations of contact dermatitis and how to identify which patients would benefit from patch testing.
- Review appropriate and effective patch testing methods for the diagnosis and management of contact dermatitis.
- Describe treatment methods for the management of contact dermatitis.
- Identify patients with chronic urticaria and recognize the clinical manifestations.
- Understand proper management for patients with chronic urticaria.
- Implementing the guidelines for the diagnosis, treatment and management of chronic urticaria.